How to survive Christmas without gaining fat?
Christmas without gaining fat!
Hmmmm…so…is it even possible? Isn’t Christmas about making food, eating it and having fun? For me, Christmas is the time to meet family and friends, clean places at home that require extra attention and watching all the must see movies like “Home Alone 1 & 2!”. Food is just an additional feature and of course is a must have. So how does one stop themselves from over indulging in those delicious treats that makes us happy when we eat them, and guilty afterwards?
Top tips to help you through festive season
- Drink a large glass of water before every meal, this will keep you hydrated and ensure you only eat what you have/need to. At times, our body tells us we are hungry where in fact it’s actually thirsty and de-hydrated
- Eat a high protein breakfast. This will keep you full for a while!
- Concentrate on food whilst eating, not what’s on TV
- Eat slowly, enjoy every bite, and chew, chew, chew! It takes over 15 minutes for your brain to receive an impulse about being sated, so may not need that extra portion!
- Avoid sweet beverages (they are high in calories)
- Eat fresh vegetables and salad without mayonnaise
- Limit desserts and sweets (the first piece of cake tastes the same as the fifth)
- Go for a walk after eating – a breath of fresh air is always welcomed after a meal!
- Do not think about food all the time. If you didn’t get to try everything it’s OK. You can eat it tomorrow or the day after. Put it in the fridge/freezer and it will save you having to cook over the holidays.
So how does that sound, easier said than done right? In the long run it will be less painful and you won’t have to worry about burning all those extra calories!
Time to get back on track
If you do put on a few kilograms, take it on the chin and move on….at least you’ve had a wonderful time eating whatever you wanted…and the New Year will be time to get you back on track! If you need that extra push I’m here to help and you know how to find me!
Have a great Christmas and an amazing New Year!
You are just one click away from rebooting your body.
Don't let another minute go by.
+44 (0)7716 929 146
My name is Adrian Rozanski – Certified Personal Trainer, Nutritionist and Judo Black Belt holder.
I believe in fitness, because it is not only about how we look, but also how we feel, so stop making excuses and make it happen. Healthy, athletic look, physical fitness, well-being, with me you will not have to choose, you can have it all, just join me, just join my-coach.